Saturday, February 11, 2006

Got my frigging boat license finally!!!!


I started off excellently, making thorough checks of the whole boat. But my nerves got a hold on me when I unberthed the boat..my control was bad and I had to make a "three-point turn" within the miserly small area. Utterly embarassing. Hah...and you know what's worse! I couldn't even tie the proper knot to secure the boat! Fortunately, I did well in berthing, carrying out the man-over board exercise (the standard procedures to rescue a man at sea) and finally the oral.


The examiner reprimanded me for my poor skills in unberthing and I blamed it on my nerves, donning on my pitiable look (trying to gain extra points here). He started showing cards with symbols of beacons, buoys, cardinal marks...and I had to name them one by one. He gave me different scenarios and I had to give solutions to all of them. Anyhow, I passed!!! It's like soccer...a win is a win.. a pass is a pass. No matter how hard you try, the result dictates everything and in this case, to my favor!!! WAHAH!!!! CAPTAIN GRACE!

3 comments:

Durrow Gal! said...

Thank you! At least I don't have to worry about it anymore. Have fun on your new job!

HaN said...

take me out with you on your boat! ahaha

Durrow Gal! said...

hah...I don't mind. Provided I have the means. =)