Monday, April 17, 2006

Bali Shopping and Accommodation





Yes, I just returned from my trip and it was pure relaxation.

For shopping, you'll find plenty of surfer wear, surf boards, accessories, Balinese wood carvings, and furniture (my dear jane doe bought bed lamps). You get reasonable deals as long as you know how to bargain. Street vendors can be irritating and the fact that we were gals attracted more unwanted attention (we had many love declarations made to us in one day. Oh man! you should hear when they utter "wo ai ni"! You'll cringe.)

Jane Doe and I stayed at the Mercure Kuta. The hotel is fantastic as our location is just directly opposite the Kuta Beach. There are plenty of sun-worshippers, bronzed surfer fiends, water sport fanatics. If you are game for beatiful sunsets, KUTA is the place! At night, it comes alive with restarants serving everything from western cuisine to Indonesian nasi padang. However, traffic is heavy, with an endless stream of cars and motorcycles, shops, cafes, street traders, money changers, bike rental compnies..but I guess all these add to the colour and bustle of my stay!

No comments: