Sunday, February 25, 2007

Singapore, part of Malaysia?

I was just doing the usual city Glasgow saunter: admiring the charm of the Victorian buildings, scrutinizing the locals and conducting my own "globalisation" analysis by counting the staggering number of Starbucks and identifying similar stores that could be found in major cities. I ended up in a typical bookstore, browsing their "bestsellers" and then the travelling section.

Yes..I saw the Frommers, Lonely Planet etc. As they had a huge selection, curiosity overwhelmed me and I wanted to see whether I could find travelling books on Singapore. I glimpsed at the "S" section, but no books on Singapore. Alas! The travelling books on Singapore were actually found on the "M" section, together with travelling books on Malaysia. Where is the geographical sense and knowledge? Having a lil nationalistic pride, I transfered the whole set of travelling books on Singapore to its rightful hearthstone. Hah...

Oh well...

No comments: