Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dachau




The instant association with the mention "Dachau" is with the Nazi Concentration camp. The Dachau Concentration camp was the first Nazi's first, built in March 1933 to house political prisoners. It killed at least 45,000 inmates and exhibit consists of photographs and models of the camp, its officers, and prisoners, and of horrifying scientific experiments. There is also a gas chamber, disguised as a shower room but never used.

The Ghost is Me.
One day as I was on my way to one of the corners of the courtyard, prepared even to dig out worms if I couldn't find any grass, I passed by a window. I was suddenly startled...An old shriveled up lady stared out at me from her deep set eyes- a bony phantom..I hastily looked around me to see who this figure was, this head on a stalk that sent more fear through me than anything I had ever seen in my life. "that's me", I realised. "This ghost is me..."
Prisonner account in Dachau

No comments: