Sunday, June 10, 2007

Schloss Neuschwanstein


Axel and B.B showed me around for that day, bringing me to two castles: Schloss Neuschwanstein and Schloss Linderhof. I have been to plentiful castles, mansions, and palaces in my past travels, but this castle (Schloss Neuschwanstein) had to be the most fairytale and beautiful one. It was basically used as a model for Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland. This castle was constructed by King Ludwig and he imagined his castle as a giant stage that would allow him to re-create the world of Germanic mythology immortalised in the operas of Richard Wagner, whom he worshipped at that time. In the background are breath-taking mixture views of a dramatic waterfall, mountaintop mist etc....

I vote this to be one of the new seven wonders of the world....

No comments: