Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Mum

When I was eight, my teacher assigned me homework and I was told to write a short essay entitled "My Mother". You see, my knowledge of vocabulary was limited at that time and I embarked my essay with this sentence, "My mother is short and fat." This sentence was innocent and frank in a child's perpective. However, to this day, my mum still remembers this statement. Left a subtle hurtful impression. Well, seventeen years down the road, I don't deny the statement that I made ages ago but I have much better things to say now.

A tribute to my Mum for all she has done in 2005

There is no other person I love more besides my mum. She embodies the person I wanna be and I am thankful that she's in my life. THANKS for:
  1. Listening to my whinges whenever I feel empty or hurt.
  2. Calling me everyday asking me how I am or whether I have taken my lunch. Hah... I know you miss me.
  3. Being patient and tolerant when I tease you or call you names like "big ball or panda". (No ill intentions, just love to see you smile and laugh).
  4. Letting me play with your rotund tummy and portly ass, and occasionally disheveled hair.
  5. Being supportive even when I do the most ridiculous or irrational thing for love and passion.
  6. Working hard religiously everyday from dawn till dusk and keeping the family together.
  7. Popping notes mysteriously into my purse when I am unemployed.
  8. All the nightly converstions with you: the rants of work, life and men.
  9. Your thougtfulness. You have a heart of gold and would help anyone relentlessly when in need.
  10. Worrying and praying for me.
  11. Brewing soups weekly for me.
  12. Allowing me to lie on your bed and creating a tousled clutter after that.
  13. Supporting my globetrotting habits.
  14. Giving me sound advice.
  15. Lending me your shoulder to cry on in the lowest point of my life this year. I know you come in my room in the wee hours of the morning to check on me.
  16. Being the one who keeps the family finances and business well.
  17. Indulging much laughter with me when I blast the music and start dancing like a lunatic!

Because of you, I am able to pursue my life with passion, independence and enrich it with meaning and love. All I wish is good health and happiness for you in the coming year....Ma, exercise and eat lesser. Use Exel for book-keeping (instead of using the old fashioned way of penning the accounts on paper).

1 comment: