Saturday, May 06, 2006

One more week...counting down

I just received my conference package and learnt that my host's name is Kathy.=) Hopefully, all goes well with my stay with her.
I remember the first time when I went for the conference. I stayed with a bunch of fun-loving gals, two swiss, one south-african, another Singaporean as well as a Slovakian! It was pure fun. Just partying every night. The second time of the conference...due to my drunken stupor, I lost my host's key and I had to pay for the loss.

Anyhow, this is a first rate conference. Here are some facilities they offer (all provided for):
  1. Excellent food: We have 5 meals a day with free flow of lindt chocalates (from what I remember), booze galore during dinner nights..specially catered evening events (held at different venues in and around St. Gallen)!
  2. Financial Information: A comprehensive news and up-to-date information service will be available at the Reuters Terminal in the Communication Centre as well as on flatscreens in the foyer.
  3. Internet Corner: Enjoy e-services at the Internet Corner with sufficient terminals and printers.
  4. Money Exchange Counter
  5. Press Centre
  6. Free Transport around as well as within the city! : We just have to present our badge to the bus conductors for free transport.
  7. Simultaneous Translation: All keynote sessions taking place in the Auditorium will be translated simultaneously into English, French and German. Portable ear phones are handed out in the Auditorium.
  8. And a Funky Device called SPOT-ME. This device (only be used in the conference) can detect your friends within your victiny and informs you their presence by vibrating (like a pager). Through this device, you can also send messages .....very cool to play with during boring lectures. It stores photos and information of all delegates as well as outside participants.

Lala....one week more....and the best thing, hanging out with Monty in Spain!

No comments: