Thursday, October 06, 2005

30th September- Morning


The first stop for today is the Metropolitan Museam of Art. Pearlene did not fancy arts and sculptures, so she headed to central park while I wandered around this fascinating museum. This museum is huge and has two floors, but it's definitely not as big as Le Lourve or the Sistine chapel (Vatican city). However, it is comprehensive and houses art pieces of the many famous artists like Balthus, Matisse, Cezanne, Chagall, Van Gogh... It's divided into sections like American wing, Arms and armor, Arts of africa, Oceania, and the Americas, Egyptian Art, Greek and Roman Art etc. I zoomed into Modern Art as that was my favourite. I am enamoured by the art pieces of Piccaso, Paul Klee, and Cezanne. This brings back memories when I was backpacking in Switzerland (2002 and 2003) and my travelling partner, Yueh Chin and I would visit some of the museums. In Luzerne, we visited the Rosengart museum. Angela Rosengart is a highly-educated woman with a broad range of interests in the arts. She was a personal friend of a number of these artists, first and foremost with Pablo Picasso. Picasso, for his part, painted Angela no fewer than five times. I, very fortunate, met her in her musuem and got her to autograph in the printed portrait postcard (the one where Picasso painted. I put the picture above).

No comments: