Monday, October 17, 2005

Ever considering adoption?







The other day, JaneDoe and I met up for breakfast at this place called Toast (in Takashimaya). They serve lovely chocolate cupcakes, those that sacharrinely melt in your mouth with oozing bits of warm chocolate. Yum. Well, I'm currently unemployed, basically waiting for my professor to give me the green light so that I can saunter back to office. So I have much time to sample breakfasts from varied places frequently.

Anyway, beside us was this couple, definitely caucasian but with adorable asian kids. It seems that adopting asian kids is an uprising trend. I was reading this website from the US Department of State on International Adoption and they quoted "that the actual adoption and completion of the contract, which includes making a fixed "donation" of around $3000-$4000 US dollars to the Children's Welfare Institute, take place. This "donation" is NOT a bribe, but is required for the adoption and completion of contract for the institute."

Hefty price! Wonder if that includes money to the families too?
Some pictures (shown above) that I chanced upon: It's this adopted gal called Jinx. I think she's from Guangzhou. Check out this link for more pictures. http://jinxlink.blogspot.com. Isn't she cute?

7 comments:

HaN said...

I want to adopt her too! :)
I'm BOREDDDDD!

Durrow Gal! said...

Yeah..so adorable. Those apple cheeks!

Why are you BORED?!?! Study!!!..haha...glad that I am not in this exam phase now...mwahaha

HaN said...

WAH....Why am I in every comment? haha!
Stress stress! You're really lucky Grace!!

Jane Doe said...

the lovely cupcakes..oooo!

Durrow Gal! said...

yeah...thinking of it makes me salivate!

Jane Doe said...

haha! eh, please shelve your adoption plan ;p

Durrow Gal! said...

The plan won't be in place..=p