Saturday, October 29, 2005

A Lil too Late

My grandaunt had been battling with stomach cancer for a year. My relationship with her had been close, but grew distant over the years. She had been like a nanny when I was little. I remember the days when my parents had to work and they would put me at her place for days. I abhored going home and would wail incessantly when my parents picked me up.

When she was critically ill recently, I visited her a couple of times, only saddened to see her frail and gaunt figure. Just yesterday, I thought it was another one of those usual visits, but was overwhelmingly despondent when I was five minutes late. She couldn't wait. It was a sombre and morbid scene at the hospital....

I'll be attending her wake later and probably in the few days to come. And I'll thank her....

1 comment:

Jane Doe said...

sorry dear..