Saturday, June 03, 2006

27th May: Impressions of Andalucia






I'd probably heard ten times of the Alhambra song before writing this entry.

I would describe my Andalucian Adventure to a Paella dish. A mixture of passion, colour, excitement and variety. Andalucia was the heartland of medieval Islamic Spain and visiting the three World Heritage cities: Seville, Cordoba as well as Granada had been spectacular. Not to forget Gibralter. The flamenco scene is prevalent and tapas is delectable and cheap. People are warm and sincere. Spain has much to offer and it would probably take many more days to savour its flavour. However, one may feel distant as the Spanish culture is so deeply ingrained in the people, cuisine and language. Indeed a country to marvel at a distance.

As always, it was hard to bade farewell, not only to my foreign surroundings but also to my travelling partner, Monty. We parted with heavy hearts at the Malaga train station only to look forward to the next journey with a hopeful certainty. But I believe, at every end, there is a beginning. Adios Andalucia, Ola Singapore.......

1 comment:

Freedom said...

All the best to whatever you do...