Saturday, June 10, 2006

Singapore Lions can dream on...

Due to the world cup fever, I have been watching soccer religiously over the past two nights. Sighs..I'm just wondering how I'll cope work for the next month.

Insofar, the underdogs have been performing extremely well: Ecuador beating Poland and Trinidad drawing Sweden. These underdogs have tiny populations, Trinidad with a population of 1million+ people, whereas Ecuador, 4 million+. To conclude, there is no correlation between probability of the entrance to the world cup and the country's population. Singapore has a small population too and why aren't we in the world cup?It boils down to passion, stamina, and exposure which dismayingly Singapore lacks. Therefore, I seriously see no point in pumping huge sums of money bringing in foreign talent...let's face it.

It's a waste of time fulfilling the 2010 dream.

4 comments:

Jane Doe said...

Wah economics in the world cup! :)

Durrow Gal! said...

=)

BunnyButt said...

strangely enough, I agree with you. But cynicism is just a nasty way of telling the truth.

I still can't believe Australia beat Japan. sigh~

Durrow Gal! said...

Agree, but can't help feeling this way.