Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I hate goodbyes


In our lives, we constantly deal with goodbyes. I come to a point whereby I have recognized this fact and have acknowledged that it’s part of life. I guess one has to accept that everything is transient and we should just make the best of the situation. Especially with the incessant traveling, one can’t avoid the inevitable goodbyes. The uncertainty of when and whether you will see the other person in the future coupled with all the good memories you had with the other makes it even harder to bade farewell. This farewell at the airport, like the many others that I have encountered over the past year, was depressing and tearful. In many sense, this was more significant as I have known Natalie since nine and have been really good friends since fourteen.

She has been such a gracious host, spending time with me every night and the whole of the weekend. Although I only spent a fleeting 6 day trip, it could never been better. Daily dinners with Natalie, occasional ones with her family, the clubbing night at San Francisco, shopping on Sunday and the trip to Carmel made my trip really fruitful.

This may seem mushy, but I really feel blessed and fortunate. I can never ask for any better with these true friendships and my loving family.

No comments: