Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Boating lessons



I have met two wonderful mates in my weekend boating lessons, as seen in my pictures above. The other lady was my boating instructor. It's fun giving each other encouragements, re-enacting our own version of speed 2 and james bond (little crashes at the berths and going fast speeds on the seas), just rattling nonsense in the middle of the seas...


Wahaha....in days to come, I'll get my licence (cross fingers). Wish me luck. First hurdle: Theory test. And friends, if you ever think the driving theory tests were hard, reconsider again. The theory powerboat test has much things to remember: coloured buoys, flags, singapore islands in malay, lights, shapes, regulations, sounds of horns, prohibited areas, parts of boats.... And I have to get 26 out of 30 correct!

Example of one question:
What fog signals does a power-driven vessel underway but not making a way sound, in or around an area of restricted visibility?
1) 1 prolonged blast at intervals of not more than 2 mins.
2)2 prolonged blast at intervals of not more than 2 mins.
3) 3 prolonged blast at intervals of not more than 2 mins.

4 comments:

Jane Doe said...

oh man, i don't think i could ever do this whole course thing, but i'll wait for u to get the license hehe, and i'll wait for my knight in shining armour to get one too!!! Wishful thinking huh!

Durrow Gal! said...

no worries....we can rent a boat and go out one day!

evebitda said...

hum ku! u r seriously enjoying life ah! the next logical progression would be to go under the sea - i.e. scuba diving!

Durrow Gal! said...

If only I dare to...maybe I should...eheh.=p