Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The "bling-bling" moment




Life works in wondrous ways. I believe that there are reasons why you meet certain people or encounter certain events in life. Similarly, with this current paradigm, I instill crptic meanings in my recent trips to Japan and Melbourne. Well, the trip to Japan was to get me attuned to my work and at the same time, to relieve my emotional stress and burden when I got to know students and "pursuing academics" from various cultures, universities and races. I was more motivated in my work per say.

The trip to Melbourne was somewhat different. It was more of an awakening to my personal life. I attended some seminars and met people of different vocations, ages, races, and religions. Interestingly, everyone had common goals and parallel lives. It does not matter whether you are fat, thin, ugly, beautiful, homosexuals, young and old. We share the same insecurities and dreams. Most people want to break free from the competitve rat race of the working society. Most people want to spend quality time with their families and have more leisure time. Most people want to have the buying means to achieve the certain lifestyles they want. I have been fortunate as I am able to pursue my dreams and am contented with my current lifestyle. So what is there for me? Well, Melbourne was to get me focused to what I wanted to attain in life and knowing that there's more to life to just get caught up with little disturbances and setbacks. I decided to rectify certain areas in my life domain and penned it down on my flight home.

No comments: