Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Mum's Birthday

This special day evokes a day of poignance as it reminds us how devastating the effects of terrorism. On the other hand, it also marks the birth of someone very special to me. It's my mum, one whom I love and admire. Just early this morning, I called her. I feel regretful that I have to be miles apart from her, but simultaneously, it's not the mere sigificance of the day itself, but the close relationship that we both share. I cannot imagine life without her as she has been so understanding, patient, and generous. She has always been there in the darkest hour, praying for me when I am down and encouraging me when things don't go right.

In the asian culture, it's hard to vocalise such feelings for instance, telling her I love her. But well, you only live once. So I'm going to sms her that later.

The trip to Melbourne will soon come to a close. I got myself a nice collection of photos, but I will only update it when I reach Singapore. Stay tuned yah...

2 comments:

Jane Doe said...

Hey babe, I'm so glad to be home in one piece. Miss ya!

Durrow Gal! said...

online incomes: Thanks for your support! I appreciate it!

jane doe: I miss ya too. See you soon.