Sunday, September 18, 2005

A Wedding Solemnisation


















I attended my cousin's (Dawn) marriage solemnisation ceremony yesterday. It was held in Goodwood Park hotel by the swimming pool. It was a fairytale setting with white, lavender and green hues weaving together as its main colour theme. Pink and white rose petals were strewn on the floor, paving its way to the solemnisation table. There were smiles galore, relatives equipped with cameras, her girl friends dressed in sleek black, specially crafted green bookmarks (made as an invitation card too) for every guest, a gorgeous ensemble of flourishing flowers on the table...very much like a dream.

It was a heart-warming sight, seeing her walk down the "aisle" with her father and somehow, I imagined that with my dad...kinda weird. Anyhow, I'm glad that Dawn has found someone she can rely on and share her dreams with. These few years will mark much changes in my social environment. There are so many of my close friends tying the knot and somehow, it's hard to find friends like me who do not indulge in common vocabulary that evolves round having kids, weddings, family planning, family vacation trips, furniture shopping, renovation plans. Haha...such an interesting phase in my life.

We ended the evening with a buffet dinner at the coffee lounge in the hotel. Lovely spread of oysters, crayfish, prawns, truffles....hmmmm

No comments: