Tuesday, August 30, 2005

27th August




Early morning at 5am, I met up with the gals at the ANA hotel and we made our way to the tsukiji market. God, was I amazed with the sheer size of this place and the variety of fishes this market had to offer. "Auctioneers" were chanting prices while eager fish buyers were signalling with their hands, a language only both parties know. Onlookers like myself was mystified at how such a supposed chaotic place was managed by professional fishmongers and all transactions were carried out in very orderly fashion. Quite unlike the wet makets in singapore. After spending 1-2 hours gawking at wet market, we treated ourselves to some sashimi don. RAW FISH for breakfast in the morning. Well, my stomach took it quite well surprisingly.

I got back to my hotel, packed up and met up with Christoph. We went to the Tokyo Bay (the one with the rainbow bridge) and had a good time with the nice scenery backdrop and good lunch. =)

A pretty sad day as I baded goodbye to all my friends today....sighs

Met up with my two travelling companions in the evening and we made our way to NAGOYA! the land of the Expo!

No comments: