Monday, August 22, 2005

My paper is published today!!!!








Waking up this morning was difficult. I skipped the opening ceremony knowing that it may be a waste of time. I went for the 1st seminar session and placed on each chair were the different groups with facilitator names on them. So, in my group, Graham (guy with white shirt) and myself were responsible to be the facilitators and basically ensure that group cohesiveness was enhanced and that presentations on the last day were done.

After the 1st session, we were divided into groups and again, introductions were made. We had bento set lunches and during our munching time, we started discussing what we could present on Thursday. Everybody was quite cordial and shy. But well, after the discussion, I left. Too tired. Hah....I returned to my hotel to take a short nap.

After the third session, I sauntered into the room.Everyone again was divided into groups. Luckily I went back as it would be so irresponsible and embarassing as a facilitator not to be present. And there I saw Graham alone with the group. Hehe..Our group discussed dinner and karaoke plans.

Dinner was fantastic. Typical Japanese meal with a dosage of sake. Actually, I am craving a bit of burgers and singaporean food. But well, I can still live without them. Ermm...Karaoke was all right! Miwa ( a japanese gal in my group, gal in white shirt) sang local songs and the rest of us crooned our favourite english songs! It's all good!

By the way, it's a good day today. MY PAPER that I awaited for ONE YEAR has been published today!!! Wahah...It's actually nothing but it feels like I have won a mini nobel prize. Makes me more motivated to do well in my presentation as well as my research career.
Website to see: http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/iree/i4/chan.htm

It will be a more interesting day tomorrow as there will be international night. Everyone will be dressed in their national costumes and some of them will actually perform. Not me of course. But I borrowed a kerbaya from Cheryl. Hopefully I know how to wear it properly tomorrow night. It would so weird walking from my hotel to the venue of international night in my kerbaya. But nobody in Japan gives a damn. So, looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Jane Doe said...

Congrats my dear!!! Woohoo!!

Btw I saw the most beautiful fleurs today! ;)